The Manchester Wellbeing Fund wants to support groups which are developing new ways of keeping in touch with the most vulnerable in our communities. During these challenging times, many people will be feeling isolated. Now more than ever, we need to take care of our own mental health and the mental wellbeing of those around us – and now more than ever community groups are adapting and responding. Some examples of the types of costs we can support are:
- Basic mobile phones or smartphones;
- Printing and distribution of information leaflets about support available
- Replacing a group’s outdated laptop
- Group subscriptions to services such as Zoom
- Online training in use of social media; · craft and creative materials.
Fast-track grants of between £250 and £500 are available and we will aim to decide on applications within 10 days. We will monitor demand and hope to be able to keep the fund open for several weeks. We don’t want to duplicate the excellent work that is already being co-ordinated across the city so kindly ask that groups do not apply for funding for food parcels or other essentials.
To apply, visit the MWF webpage for criteria and a short Expression of Interest form.
For further information about support during the COVID-19 pandemic, refer to the websites ofManchester Community Hub.